Friday 7 August 2015

Pied Flycatcher

Its funny how things turn out, I was due to pick my daughter up from work at 5 o'clock today, but I managed to mis-read the time on my phone. I arrived at 4 o'clock and only realised my mistake when I pulled into the car park

So I had an hour to kill, but I wasn't going to waste it. I turned straight around and headed to Croft Hill. A Blackcap shot out of the hedge and landed close to an adult Spotted Flycatcher that was feeding two fresh juveniles. The adult flew towards some dead branches and another slightly smaller bird followed it. I was pleased to see it was a Pied Flycatcher. 

It continued to show well returning to the same dead branches after each sortie onto the ground in search of insects.

I would never have seen it if I could read the time - lucky!

Pied Flycatcher, Croft Hill, 07/08/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment