Monday 19 August 2013

Leicestershire & Rutland Annual Bird Report


I picked up my copy of the 2011 Annual Report on Saturday at the Rutland Water Birdfair. I didn't, however, spend a great deal of time reading it, as one of the joys of being Editor is not wanting to read it again after all the proof-reading etc.

After six years, as Editor I've handed over the helm to Mark Skevington who has kindly taken on the role. I wish him luck and I now look forward to sitting in my armchair reading the next report for enjoyment.

During my time as editor I've had a great deal of help from the editorial committee, and so I would like to thank them all once again for their efforts. I must also thank John Wright for helping with illustrations each year. They really lifted the publication in my opinion.

Anyone without a copy that wishes to read it should either join LROS and get a free one or purchase the report from Sue Graham - DETAILS HERE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your hard work as Editor over the last six years, Carl. I know from experience what a time-consuming job it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here Andy,the LROS county bird report is second to none well done Carl to you and all your editing team over the last 6 years I'm suer its been left in safe hands when Mark takes over

    ReplyDelete