Wednesday 16 March 2016

Iceland Gull at Shawell

I called in at the A5 Lagoons this afternoon for a quick look and a juvenile Iceland Gull was on top of the bank between the two lagoons. I grabbed my camera and started videoing. Once I finished I checked the recording and for some reason the video hadn't saved. While I messed about with the camera the Iceland Gull disappeared!

It was a memory card that I'd previously tried in my new camera and it didn't work right. Today I was using my old camera that has never let me down before and neither has the memory card, so I'm not best pleased.

This juvenile was a uniform tea colour - all its markings had faded. Its eyes were dark, so it is a juvenile.

Hopefully I'll catch up with it again.

There's still lots of gulls at the site at present. There has been a large arrival of Black-headed and Lesser Black-backed Gulls. Caspian Gulls are quite scarce at present although a first-winter was present last Saturday.

First-Winter Caspian Gull



No comments:

Post a Comment