Sunday 19 February 2017

The Easiest Twitch Ever

I am a bit slow off the blocks these days when collecting new British Ticks. I had seen a sickly Blue Rock Thrush at Hemel Hempstead many years ago and I missed a good one on the Scilly Isles by a day, so when one turned up in Stow on the Wold I was not really that tempted - that much! I was a bit fed up last Sunday due to the weather, so I decided to have a ride down to the Cotswold's in search of a bird that was confusing the yellowy coloured Cotswold stone for a rock face in the Med.

It took just over an hour to get there. I walked into the Maugersbury Close and soon spotted my target perched on a roof top. No wait for hours to see this bird. After a couple of minutes it flew off and didn't reappear. I was back home almost before anyone knew I gone.

The light was terrible, so I videoed it.

Enjoy...




3 comments:

  1. Nice little video Carl.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff Carl, don't boast too much though, you next twitch WILL be a minimum of a 6 hour wait!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect your right. I guess this was a reward for all the long waits I've had in the past.

    ReplyDelete