Wednesday 30 May 2018

Sanderlings at Brascote Pits

I have seen a few Sanderlings in the SW Leics area over the years and most of them occurred during bad weather. The weather was very bad on Friday and I had booked the day off work to enjoy a long Bank Holiday weekend. A trip to Brascote Pits in the morning resulted in just one thing - me getting wet.

Later in the afternoon I made another visit and this time I was pleased to see five Ringed Plovers and a splendid little Sanderling. The following morning there was two Sanderlings there and a couple of summer plumaged Grey Plover circled the 'moonscape pool' before carrying on their way north.

Photography was very difficult in the wet murky conditions, but I did get a record shot of one of the Sanderlings.

Sanderling and Ringed Plovers at Brascote Pits

No comments:

Post a Comment