Thursday 17 March 2016

Iceland Gull - Take Two

I'm not one to be beaten, so I started work early and worked through my lunch break, so I could get over to Shawell again. I was of course trying for a photo of yesterday's Iceland Gull.

There were lots of gulls at the lagoons and while I waited for my target bird a smart adult Med Gull entertained me. This was an un-ringed bird so the second Med Gull in a week.

Ken Reeves arrived, which added a second pair of eyes to the party. Whilst I was reading a colour-ring, Ken spotted the Iceland Gull on the bank. It was the same one was as yesterday and luckily it wasn't in a rush today and my camera worked!

Juvenile Iceland Gull, Shawell A5 Lagoons
After Ken left a first-winter Caspian Gull arrived. I spotted it in flight and as it was quite active I managed to get some flight shots of it - always a challenge when using a scope for a lens.

First-Winter Caspian Gull
First-Winter Caspian Gull
First-Winter Caspian Gull
First-Winter Caspian Gull

1 comment:

  1. Good images of the Caspian through the scope Carl.........

    ReplyDelete