Sunday 29 June 2014

Hummingbird Hawk Moth

Brascote Pits was my choice of destination this morning and it was the insects that stole the show. Lots of Meadow Browns and Ringlets have emerged recently and also many Small Skippers. Plenty of damselflies scattered as I disturbed the grass and a few Black-tailed Skimmers were basking on the sandy areas. An insect hovering in front of some thistles caught my attention and I soon realised it was a Hummingbird Hawk Moth. I tried to get a photograph of it in flight, but instead it landed making my photos less dynamic, but at least I got some photos. 

Hummingbird Hawk Moth

Away from Buddleias, Tortoiseshell Butterflies can be difficult to photograph, so I was pleased to get a chance with the one below.

Tortoiseshell

No comments:

Post a Comment