Saturday 3 August 2013

Shawell's Purple Patch Continues

I was amazed to come across a couple of Black-tailed Godwits whilst searching through the gulls at the Shawell A5 Lagoons this afternoon. This is only the second time this species has been recorded in the SW Leics list area and a tick for me. They were present for about an hour and a half, before they flew off heading south.

It was difficult to photograph them as they were distant and the light was a bit too harsh. The photo below was my best attempt.


Black-tailed Godwits
I also managed to record a short video. It is a real advantage, when birding alone, if you manage to get record shot or video of the bird to prove the ID and of course it helps boost your credibility.



Not bad for a couple of small lagoons in the middle of the country - a Black-necked Grebe, two Turnstones and two Black-tailed Godwits in just over two weeks.

Whats next?

I have updated the SW Leics list - SEE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment