Monday 8 July 2013

Little Owl

Little Owl Chicks
I've been keeping an eye on a couple of pairs of Little Owls close to my home, but not really attempting any photography. A sudden urge to have another go at photographing the birds at the nest came upon me on Sunday morning. I sat in my hide for an hour and a half with nothing to show for it apart from a sore back. Then all of a sudden the hen popped out from deep inside the tree and stood staring at the hide and she looked a bit confused. She didn't stay for long, but I did manage to get my best shot in those few seconds. She was back quite quickly with a juicy worm for her chicks. She was then back and forth with food for about an hour.

Little Owl

2 comments:

  1. Superb images of my favourite birds, Carl! Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased that this site is again producing the goods for you Carl, I haven't visited it all year. Nice images mate.

    ReplyDelete