Saturday 7 July 2012

Update to the South-West Leics Bird List

With a bit of help from Garsham Roberts the list now stands at 193. Garsham pointed out some of his records that I'd missed and in addition we had a fine drake Red-crested Pochard  at Frolesworth Manor Lake yesterday. 

The additions to the list are Smew, Red-breasted Merganser, Turnstone, Little Gull and the Red-crested Pochard.

See the updated list HERE

Below is a photograph taken by Adey Baker. Adey played it cool and waited for the sun to come out whereas I rushed to see it in the poring rain.

Red-crested Pochard, By Adey Baker

2 comments:

  1. Facinating reading Carl, I can see a lot of work has gone into it. Is there a reason for the omission of Barn Owl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Paul, it got lost somewhere when I updated the list. Thanks for pointing it out. I've know added Barn Owl back onto the list making 193 species..

    ReplyDelete