Friday 22 June 2012

Photo Success

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that two of my photographs have been used in June's issue of Birdwatch magazine. You may have gathered from my blog that I have a bit of a thing for the Cairngorm mountains, so I'm really pleased that both images were taken there. I've had other photos of the same female Dotterel published  in Birdwatch magazine previously, so she's becoming quite a celebrity. I remember the encounter well: I heard a bird calling distantly and when I eventually found its source it turned out to be a stunning female Dotterel. Eventually she attracted a male and lured him away for some privacy, but not before I'd got my photos. It is moments like this that makes being a wildlife photographer worthwhile.

I also had a photo of a Ptarmigan in June's Birdwatch magazine - very pleased.

Below are some of the photos that have appeared in Birdwatch:
Female Dotterel
Male Dotterel
Summer Plumaged Ptarmigan

1 comment: