Wednesday 23 May 2012

Early Morning Owling

This morning I was up and about early and spent a whole hour in my portable hide before going to work. I don't usually expect to achieve much with so little time, but this morning I was in for a treat. The female emerged from her nest and spent some time sitting just above it. The light is very harsh on the tree when the sun first comes up which causes problems - the 'Golden Hour' is normally a great time for photographers.

On the way to work, I stopped off at a second site where I found another owl enjoying the sunshine. All this before 08:15!


Hopefully there will be some young owls appearing soon at the various nest sites in my area, but until then here's another reminder of how cute last year's youngsters were.


No comments:

Post a Comment